What better way to kick off the Memorial Day weekend, than with an 800 meter swim, 10 mile bike, and 5K run in beautiful Windsor, Colorado. Windsor Town Lake is just minutes from I-25 in Northern Colorado. Wendy Mader, the top amateur finisher at the 2008 Hawaii Ironman and race director for Pelican Fest knows what makes a great race!
Swim: Beach start in Boardwalk Park at 8am. This is a point to point (E-W) swim ending at the parking area adjacent to Windsor Lake on CO 257. Swimmers will exit the water and transition to their bikes. Best of all, the sun will be at your back. SWIM MAP Bike: From the bike transition area head north on 257 to CR 74. Head east on CR 74 to CR 21. Go south on CR 21 to CO 392. Turn west to Chimney Park Dr. Turn right. At the end of CP Dr. turn left onto the Windsor Lake trail. Go west to 6th St. north side of RR tracks and turn right. Turn left on Cedar St. and Right on 257 returning to the bike transition. (If you ride the course prior to the race you must obey ALL traffic laws). BIKE MAP
Run: The run exits the transition area on the north east side. Go left and follow the Windsor Lake trail around the north side of the lake. Turn around at Chimney Park Dr. and take the trail all the way back to the swim start. The finish line will be in Boardwalk Park.
Individuals: $55 prior to March 1st;
$65 March 1 - April 30th, $75 May 1- May 24th; $85 Race Day
Relay Teams: $100 prior to March 1st;
$110 March 1-April 30th, $115 May 1st-May 24th; $125 Race Day
This race is USAT Sanctioned. You must be an annual member of USAT or you can purchase a one-day membership for $10 when you register or at packet pickup. You can print out applicatons at the bottom of the MyEntryFee site.
6:00 am - Packet Pick-up Opens
CLOSES AT 7:30 AM
(All packets will be distributed on race morning)
6:00 am - Transition Opens
CLOSES AT 7:45 AM
7:30 am - Pre-race meeting
(At swim start - review of course and rules; have any
last minute quetions answered)
8:00 am - Wave-1 Starts.
(Waves will be started at 10 minute intervals)
Located at the Winsor High School, District Office and Middle School. Get to the race early to coordinate packet pick-up/bike drop/parking and return to start. The best plan is to park then ride to packet pick-up/transition set-up/body marking/race. No Parking in Boardwalk Park OR on Race Course.
From parking areas go east to CO 257. Go north t o the transition area between the lakes (About .5 miles).
See map for directions to parking and transition area.
Location and Directions
I-25 North or South to exit 262 East (CO-392/CR-30)
Go 4.5 miles to Windsor (see parking map below)
First Place Overall Male & Female*
NEW for 2012, FINISHER MEDALS
* There is no pro division. Pros will be allowed to participate, but are eligible for overall awards only.
Water Temperature race day 2012 was 63 degrees
1 – Men 39 & Under & All Clydesdales (Blue)
2 – Men 40-59 (Green)
3 – Women 39 & Under & Relays (White)
4 – Men 60+, Women 40+, All Athenas (Maroon).
Over 30 prizes will be given away at awards from our sponsors: Timex, Newton, PowerBar, Genuine Innovation, TheTriShop.com, Rocky Mountain Natural Medicine, 3xfast, Colorado Vision, Jonathan Nelsen, RunnersRoost, Performance
PACKET PICK UP
All athletes are required to show a photo ID. NO ID, NO RACE, NO EXCEPTIONS . Every single participant in your RELAY must have a photo ID; Annual USAT members are required to bring their membership card every time they compete in a USAT sanctioned event. If their card has been lost, they can download and print out a temporary one at http://www.usatriathlon.org/member-services .
1. Below is a breakdown of all membership fees for 2011:
· Adult Annual Membership - $39
· Adult One-day Membership - $10
· Youth (age 17 and under) Annual Membership - $5 (this is an annual membership, one-day memberships are NOT available for youth)
2. Athletes may only pick up their own packets. Under no circumstances may an athlete pick up a packet for another person. Regarding relays: all relay members must be present to receive the packet, or split up the relay packet for each participant.
3. If an athlete does not bring a photo ID to packet pickup there are ONE options : Oo home and get it
4. If an athlete does not bring a USAT membership card to packet pickup there are three options :
Go home to get it or purchase a one-day membership for $10 which can later be applied to a membership renewal by submitting a receipt of purchase
5. Athletes that need to purchase a one-day license must sign the USAT waiver if it was not included with the event registration process. Annual members do not have to sign a waiver at packet pickup because they already signed it when they applied to become an annual member.
7:30am prerace meeting at the Beach to discuss the course and answer your questions